Many of us have Android enabled mobile these days and no one wants to be in long queues to book train tickets these days. Considering this IRCTC has introduced IRCTC mobile site and application, which can downloaded or open in your mobile browser to book Indian railway reservation directly from your mobile phone.
Lets first see how you can book ticket directly from your mobile, which have internet connection without downloading the application. In the end of this article we have given IRCTC Mobile Android Application download link too. You can either book ticket via mobile site or download application to book it.
Steps for booking railway tickets directly from IRCTC Mobile Site:
1) Point your mobile browser to https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile.
2) Use your IRCTC Login and password to enter the site. See how you could get one irctc login and password if you don’t have one.
3) After login click on Book Ticket and fill all the details for plan my travel tab. Fill in “from” and “to” station codes to book tickets between stations.
4) Now you can select your desired train in which seats are available. And then you can continue your booking.
5) You must have an existing list of passenger names and their ages before you book your ticket or tickets. You can add passenger name and their ages by click on “Add Passenger”.
6) After this you can confirm booking details and select payment options. You can do payments by credit or debit card. The other option is CITIBANK as a PAYMENT GATEWAY.
7) Now complete the payment and you will get message that your ticket is been booked.
You can download IRCTC Mobile App from this link.
Image Courtesy : Irctc Official Website